In today’s fast-paced industrial landscape, safety is paramount. Maintaining safe work conditions is not just a legal requirement—it’s a moral obligation to your workforce. Whether you’re a General Maintenance Manager, Maintenance Technician, or any role in between, having easy access to a comprehensive toolset within Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central is crucial to ensure a solid safety program.
Ensuring the well-being of your maintenance team and the protection of valuable assets is a non-negotiable priority for every asset-intensive company. To help you achieve these goals, our Enterprise Asset Management (EAM) solution, powered by Dynaway, exclusively designed for D365 Business Central, offers an integrated solution to elevate safety standards by seamlessly integrating safe work practices into your day-to-day maintenance processes.
Risk Assessment: Identifying and Mitigating Hazards
Before starting any maintenance work, it’s essential to identify potential hazards and take steps to mitigate them. That’s why we’ve created safe work tools for D365 Business Central that allow you to create and manage Risk Assessments, a critical step in ensuring worker safety. Here’s how it works:
- Identify Hazards: Recognize and document hazards that could negatively impact maintenance work.
- Calculate Risk Values: Assign a risk value to each hazard to understand its severity.
- Precautions: Specify precautions necessary to mitigate or eliminate the identified hazards.
By systematically addressing risks, you reduce the likelihood of accidents and build a culture of safety within your organization.
Lockouts: Ensuring a Safe Work Environment
Lockouts are a vital component of safety management, designed to ensure that the workplace is free from potential dangers. For example, our EAM solution enables you to create and manage Lockouts on assets and work orders. Here’s how it safeguards your team:
- Lockout Points: A Lockout contains a list of Lockout Points that de-energize an area, making it safe for work to proceed.
- Written Procedures: Workers must follow specific written procedures for the lockout, ensuring consistency and safety.
- Testing and Re-instantiation: Before any work order is executed, the lockout must be tested to verify the safety of the equipment. Once the work order is completed, re-instantiating the equipment is equally essential to maintain a secure environment.
Incorporating these practices can significantly reduce the risk of accidents and injuries in your maintenance operations.
Tagouts: Adding an Extra Layer of Safety
Tagouts are another layer of protection, ensuring that maintenance work is carried out safely. Examples include placing barriers around a work area to restrict access and blocking access to high-energy sources. Our EAM solution empowers you to create and manage Tagouts on assets, work orders, and locations, enhancing the safety of your maintenance operations.
Permit-to-Work Management System: Ensuring Comprehensive Safety Control
A Permit-to-Work system is integral to any safety strategy, helping prevent accidents, injuries, and equipment damage. We implement a Permit-to-Work system within Business Central, comprising Work Order Permits that:
- Evaluate and Approve Work: Work Order Permits ensure that all work is evaluated and approved before execution, reducing the risk of mechanical, technical, or human failures.
- Inform, Train, and Supervise: Workers are informed, trained, and supervised, minimizing the potential for accidents.
- Describing Conditions and Tasks: Each work permit describes the conditions to be met and safety tasks to be completed, ensuring that all safety requirements are met before work begins.
By incorporating this robust Permit-to-Work system, you can enhance your safety standards and minimize the risk associated with maintenance activities.
Inspections with Checklists: A Systematic Approach to Safety
Regular inspections are vital for identifying and addressing potential issues proactively. In our D365 Business Central’s EAM module, you can work with Rounds to plan and carry out maintenance tasks on multiple assets in one Round Order. We extend this functionality by allowing you to add Checklists to your Inspection Rounds. Here’s how it works:
- Before-Round Checklist: This checklist contains tasks that must be completed before starting the inspection job on each asset included in the Round Order. By addressing potential issues upfront, you reduce the risk associated with the inspection.
- After-Round Checklist: This checklist contains tasks to be done after completing the inspection job on each asset. It ensures that maintenance work or adjustments are made to maintain safety standards.
- Each-Round Step Checklist: This checklist contains tasks to be done on each asset as part of the inspection job. It ensures that all safety-related tasks are consistently addressed.
By introducing Checklists to your inspection process, you are enhancing the systematic approach to safety, enabling you to maintain a safer work environment.
Creating a Culture of Safety in Your Organization
In an asset-intensive industry, safety is paramount. That’s why our partner, Dynaway, and we at CoGo, are committed to offering you a comprehensive solution to seamlessly integrate safety standards into your maintenance processes within D365 Business Central.
Implementing these tools within your EAM solution can significantly reduce the risk of incidents and potential hazards. It’s not just about compliance; it’s about creating a culture of safety within your organization. That’s why we have made our solution user-friendly to protect your team’s well-being and your assets’ investment for a safer, more secure future.
Interested in seeing a personalized demonstration of our EAM solution? Drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org. Your journey to enhanced safety standards begins here.